by Morris & Co. (Westminster)
Tall antique Victorian church window, leaded with hand painted coloured stained glass depicting a full length figure of St Nicolas hold a boat, depicted as the Patron saint of Mariners, in Bishops dress and standing within a decorative architectural stone canopy.Lovely quality, no fading, lead and glass in excellent original condition. Window is in 4 sections for handling/shipping purposes.
William Morris & Co. (Westminster. 1901 – 1958) Stained glass firm established in Westminster, London by William Theodore Morris
(1874-1944). Also known as William Morris Studios, partly as a way of distinguishing the firm from the more famous Morris & Co. From 1905, they supplied ironwork before establishing a stained glass studio and brass foundry in Rochester Row, Westminster. The firm supplied leaded lights, church stained glass and domestic hand painted window.
Over all Measurements: 12′ 1” high x 25¼” wide – 3m 70cm h x 64cm w