By Walter Ernest Tower, C. E Kempe and Co.
2 Antique Victorian Gothic Revival stained glass windows c1904, each lancet window is leaded with central hand painted roundels depicting biblical scenes of various saints. Around each is a laurel wreath and Lilly flowers, with stylised quarries. Super quality and in excellent original condition.
Measures: 56¼” high x 16¼″ wide – 143cm h x 41.5cm w
Walter Earnest Tower (1873–1955) was a cousin and pupil of Charles E. Kempe, on Kempe’s death in 1907, Tower took over the stained glass studio and renamed it C. E Kempe and Co., from that time he used a black tower above the golden garb as hes stained glass signature.
Windows removed from Stone House School, Broadstairs, Kent prior to conversion into apartments.