By Walter Earnest Tower, C. E Kempe and Co.
Gothic Revival stained glass window, hand painted depicting David (who later became King David) with lion skin and harp. Super quality and in excellent original condition. Signed with the Kempe/Tower studio emblem of wheatsheaf and tower.
Measures: 53¾” high x 16¼″ wide – 136.5cm h x 41cm w
Walter Ernest Tower (1873–1955) was a cousin and pupil of Charles E. Kempe, on Kempes death in 1907, Tower took over the stained glass studio and renamed it C. E Kempe and Co., from that time he used a black tower above the golden garb as hes stained glass signature.
Window removed from Stone House School, Broadstairs, Kent prior to conversion into apartments.