St Brigid of Kildare – St John the Evangelist – Archangel St Michael – Archangel St Gabriel
Four amazing antique stained glass windows, all hand painted on the best quality colored glass depicting saints and archangels and very much in the style of Harry Clarke which the Early Studios were influenced by. Super qulity and in excellent original condition. Now in wooden frames for shipping/handling purposes.
Removed from Convent of Sisters of Mercy, Castletownbere, Co Cork, Ireland during renovation.
Each Window Measures: 52″ high x 17¼” wide – 132cm h x 44cm w
The Earley family were involved with the decorative arts in some form from the 1840’s, being closely associated with A.W.N. Pugin and John Hardman of Hardman & Co. Birmingham. The Earley Ecclesiastical Studios were in existence from 1864 to 1975, providing a high standard of ecclesiastical art during the Gothic revival of the 1800s and the building of Catholic Churches which flourished in the first half of the 20th century.
At this time, the Earley studios were heavily influenced by the work of Irish Arts & Crafts artist Harry Clarke, using “Antique streaky” glass in rich deep colours, thick black paint lines, acid etching and stylised, often elongated, figures with sharp features.