CHARLES EAMER KEMPE (1837-1907)
Pair of Gothic Revival stained glass church windows each leaded with hand painted stained glass depicting angels with peacock feather wings and richly decorative robes. The lower panels are of architectural tracery, each with inscriptions.
“And the wine is blood he maketh, yet no faithful heart it shaketh,
what though sense no change can see, faith can teach the mystery. Amen”
Lovely decorative windows, in excellent condition and in pine wooden frames for shipping/handling. (At this time the windows are in 4 separate pieces, two Angel panels and two lower panels, but we can easily joined to make two larger windows)
Provenance: These windows were removed from The Second Chapel of The Holy Order, Haywards Heath in 1999 when the church was converted into a domestic residence.
Two Top Panels: 31¾” high x 13″ wide – 80.5cm h x 33cm w
Two Lower Panels: 16¾” high x 13″ wide – 42.5cm h x 33cm w
Overall Hight Top And Lower Panels Joined Together: 48½” high x 13″ wide – 123.5cm h x 33cm w